The institution has a mechanism of providing operational autonomy to various functionaries in order to ensure a decentralized governance system.
Principal is the member secretary of the governing body and chairperson of the IQAC. The Principal in consultation with the Teachers’ Council nominates different committees for planning and implementation of different academic, student administration and related policies. All academic and operational policies are based on the unanimous decision of the governing body, the IQAC and the teachers’ council.
Faculty members are given representation in various committees/cells nominated by the Teachers’ council, in the Governing body, in the IQAC and other committees. Every year, the composition of different committees is changed to ensure a uniform exposure of duties for academic and professional development of faculty members.
Following are the different sub-committees which have been nominated by Teachers’ Council (2019-20) :
• College e-prospectus & UG Admission Cell
• UG Odd Semester Examination Cell(Semester 1, 3 & 5 Honours / Program Course)
• UG Even Semester Examination Cell(Semester 2, 4 & 6 Honours / Program Course)
• College website & Information Database Sub-Committee
• UG Semester / Annual system Backlog Examination Cell(Honours / Program / General Course)
• Routine & Academic Calendar Sub-Committee
• Sub-Committee for online procurement of West Bengal Health Scheme & cashless facilities
• College Journal & Publication Sub-Committee
• Library Development Sub-Committee
• UGC & DST Project/Seminar Monitoring Unit
• Monitoring Cell for Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF)
• AISHE & NIRF Data compilation Cell
• Students’ Council Election Sub-Committee
• Students’ welfare & discipline monitoring unit
• Cultural Sub-Committee
• Games, Sports & Gymnasium Sub-Committee
• Girls’ Common Room Monitoring Unit & Students’ Health & Hygiene Advisory Sub-Committee
• Canteen Sub-Committee
Following committees are also constituted during the session 2019-2020 :
• RUSA-Project Monitoring Unit
• Anti Ragging Squad and Anti Ragging Committee
• Internal Complaints Committee
• Career Counselling and Placement Cell
• Grievance Redressal Cell (Samadhan)
• Service Book (manual and e-form) update sub-committee
• Income Tax (IT) Related Sub- Committee
• College Quarter Sub-committee
• Press & Media Sub- Committee
General Secretary of the students’ union is the member of governing body. Students are empowered to play important role in different activities. Functioning of different secretaries of students’ union (listed below) further reinforces decentralization.
• cultural secretary
• boys’ common room secretary
• girls’ common room secretary
• student welfare and social service secretary
• canteen secretary
• cultural secretary
• computer in charge
Non-teaching staff are represented in the governing body and the IQAC. Suggestions of non-teaching staff are considered while framing policies or taking important decisions.
The institution promotes the culture of participative management at the strategic level, functional level and operational level.
The Principal, governing body, Teachers’ council and the IQAC are involved in defining policies & procedures, framing guidelines and rules & regulations pertaining to admission, examination, discipline, grievance, support services, finance etc
Faculty members share knowledge among themselves, students and staff members while working for a committee. Principal and faculty members are involved in joint research and have published papers
The Principal interacts with government and external agencies & faculty members maintain interactions with the concerned departments of affiliating university. Students and office staff join hands with the Principal and faculty for the execution of different academic, administrative, extension related, co- and extracurricular activities.