1. Effective conjunction of teaching and research
2. Providing quality education with a minimal fee structure
3. Promoting academic, physical, moral and cultural development of students
4. Preparing students for the competitive world
5. Academic and professional development of teachers and staff
1. The college provides a perfect platform to students to develop their innovative skills by promoting a research based teaching and learning process. Teachers always encourage students to understand topics through research minded approach, which ensures better understanding and provides strong foundation for their future academics. This has increased participation of students in seminars and publishing papers in journals and book chapters. Students of Department of Botany and Chemistry have published book chapters and articles on international platform. Students have also won prizes in quiz competitions, debates and other events organized by external agencies Post-graduate students have completed different research based projects during the current year.
2. The college, being a state government institution (the sole public-funded college in Paschim Bardhaman district) has a nominal fee structure. Faculty members are appointed through Public Service Commission(PSC), which ensures high quality of teachers, thus providing quality education under nominal fee structure. Several students get scholarships from State Government, which further ensures better education of the economically challenged students.
3. Apart from academic excellence, the college also pays sincere attention to the physical, moral and cultural development of students. Students have shown outstanding performance in sports tournaments and NCC Championships. College also actively encourages the organization of moral and cultural events such as observance of Swami Vivekananda’s birthday, Nazrul Jayanti, Independence Day, Republic Day, Basanta Utsab, Rabindra Jayanti etc
4. College is quite sincere to prepare students for the competitive world. Students of Department of Geology, Chemistry and Physics have cleared JAM examinations and placed in IITs and other reputed institutes. Most of the departments have high student progression rate in higher studies
5. Professional and academic development of teachers is always encouraged. In the year 2018, faculty members have more than 42 publications. In the year 2018 and 2019, faculty members have also been awarded research projects from DST and ICSSR. During the academic year 2019-2020, twenty eight quality research papers have been published in UGC approved Care list journals and 19 book chapters. Faculty members have international collaborations for research activities. Faculty members participate in short term courses, orientation programmes and other training programmes. Technical and administrative staff of the college are appointed by Public Service Commission, and are provided necessary training and support by faculty members as and when required.