Cultural Activities of Durgapur Government College require special mention. Teachers’ council nominates the cultural sub-committee to conduct different cultural activities in the college.
• Dr. Bhumika Kanjilal, Assistant Professor of Philosophy (Jt. Convener)
• Dr. Anjan Ray Chowdhury, Assistant Professor of Economics (Jt. Convener)
• Dr. Nilanjana Chatterjee (Das), Assistant Professor of English (Member)
• Shreya Ray, Assistant Professor of Bengali (Member)
• Dr. Dola Chakraborty, Assistant Professor of Geology (Member)
• Moutushi Sen, Assistant Professor of Botany (Member)
• Dr. Moitreyee Banerjee Chakrabarti, Assistant Professor of Conservation Biology (Member)
Students are given responsibility to organize cultural activities such as Fresher’s Welcome”, “Annual Fest”, which develops independence and organizational skills. Observance of Important days such as “Independence Day”, “Republic Day”, “Rabindra Jayanti”, “Nazrul Jayanti”, “Netaji’s BirthDay”, “Swami Vivekananda’s Birthday”, “College Foundation Day”, “National Yoga Day”, “International Women’s Day”, in association with NSS and NCC Units. Basanta Utsob is celebrated in the college campus every year. These activities involve active participation from the students Moreover, the college annual exhibitions also involve active participation of students.
Students also participate in different cultural activities organized in the district such as “Ekotai Sampriti” programme organized by Government of West Bengal and “Youth Conference” organized in December 2019 organized by Ramakrishna Mission, Asansol on the occasion of 125th anniversary of the historic Chicago speech of Swami Vivekananda.